The Department of Operative Gynecology has been working since 1947 to the present comprising highly qualified experienced specialists.
Doctors of the KCCOC department of operative gynecology are active members of ESGO (European Society of Gynecological Oncology), organizations of oncologists of the CIS, Ukraine.
The academic departments of oncology of the Bogomolets NMU and the NMAPE named after P.L.Shupyk work on the basis of the deparment. G.O.Vakulenko, doctor of medical sciences, professor of NMU is a part of the department team; all the doctors of the department have a degree of candidate of medical sciences, also M.P.Klevetenko, the Honored Doctor of Ukraine, worked here.
The department is headed by Olena Petrivna Manzhura, Ph.D., doctor of the superior expert category, chief consultant on oncogynecology of Kiev.
The department carries out all types of diagnosis and treatment of gynecological cancer patients.
The scope of surgical interventions: open access, microinvasive (laparoscopic, hysteroscopic) and non-invasive (HIFU – ablation).
Types of operations:
– Panhysterectomy types I, II, III, IV
– implementation of advanced surgical interventions: combined and simultaneous operations
– conducting conservative surgeries (trachelectomy, hysteresis, adnexectomy, HIFU – ablation of myomatous nodules)
Early diagnosis and treatment of cervical cancer:
– extended colposcopy
– PCR of HPV of highly-oncogenic serotypes, SCC
– determination of p16ink4a as a prognosis factor for cervical dysplasia
– conservative surgeries – trachelectomy in young women with the purpose of preserving the reproductive function
– advanced type III panhysterectomy according to Wertheim
– radiation and chemotherapy, lymphotropic chemotherapy
– cryopreservation of ovaries in young patients in order to maintain hormonal function
Early diagnosis and treatment of uterine body cancer:
– hysteroscopy with endometrial resection
– treatment of rare forms of uterine body cancer
– conducting conservative surgeries in young patients: hysterosection with hormone therapy at the initial stages of the disease
– carrying out expanded surgical interventions
– paraaortic lymphadenectomy
– radiation, chemotherapy, treatment and diagnosis of ovarian cancer
– detection of tumor markers, ROMA index
– index of proliferative activity of KI-67
– the definition of a genetic predisposition to the occurrence of ovarian cancer
– conducting conservative surgeries with cryopreservation of a healthy ovary at an initial stage in young patients
– conducting extended surgical interventions, combined and simultaneous operations in the volume of optimal cytoreduction
– chemotherapy according to international standards
– work is carried out on clinical international research
The department carries out a unique noninvasive surgical treatment – HIFU (ultrasound) ablation of patients with uterine myoma and adenomyosis, with subsequent preservation of reproductive function.